“The mystic experience remains the same from culture to culture, from age to age everywhere on earth. It is based on a search, on methods and on real knowledge.” (Swami Janakananda)
Yoga, tantra and meditation periodical
The periodical that investigates science and art related to meditation, yoga and tantra...
The numerous topics in Bindu are based on yoga, tantra and meditation, methods that concern human development. Bindu contains, amongst other things:
- Articles on yoga and meditation used in a creative, therapeutic and social context.
- Scientific articles and research of the physiological effects of using yoga and meditation.
- Extracts of a even more extensive material which shows that yoga and meditation has been known and used in other cultures other than in the East.
- Articles written for Bindu by other writers associated with yoga and meditation.
- A description of the living tradition we know from India, and further research of the use of yoga, the various exercises and poses and their effects.
- Guidance and inspiration in the various yoga-, breathing-, relaxation- and meditation techniques and the means for reaching the meditative state.
- Published in English, German, Swedish and Danish.
Bindu is written, edited and designed by people with a first hand knowledge of yoga, tantra and meditation. A contemporary wisdom.
Different issues of Bindu
Take a look at the different issues of Bindu.
Selected articles from Bindu
Click on the menu to the left to read (and then print) articles from Bindu.
Contents of the latest issue of Bindu (no. 14)
Most of the stress we generate ourselves...
Yoga helps against diseases created by blockages in the coronary arteries of the heart. An interview with professor Larry Scherwitz, leader of the Institute for preventive medicine in Sausalito, California.
On initiating and being initiated into advanced Kriya Yoga
by Swami Janakananda
Maybe one might learn a simple version of Kriya Yoga over a weekend, but the great Tantric Kriya Yoga demands more - both of the teacher and of the student.
Index of articles and themes
This index is not completed. We are working on it, but it does function already, please bear with us.
This is another way to get to our many articles on Yoga Tantra and Meditation. Up to now you have been able to get to them through the individual issues of the magazine Bindu. And that you can still do, see the coloumn to the left of this page.