Info about Covid-19 and our retreats
Updated May 31 2021
We are updating this page continuously. We may sometimes have to make rapid changes to our policy as the situation develops in Sweden and globally.
Travelers from non-EEA countries (including the UK) are currently denied entry into Sweden.
Travelers from other countries within the EEA are required to provide a negative covid-19 test upon entry. The test should be made at the earliest 48 hours before crossing the border.
Travelers from Denmark and Norway are allowed to enter again as of March 31.
We have been in contact with the Public Health Agency here in Sweden. They have confirmed that a yoga course is not considered a public gathering, which means we can run our retreats as planned. We are still limiting the number of participants so that we can maintain distance.
As an additional measure we are now asking all retreat participants to get tested for Covid-19 before the retreat (even if you are already in Sweden). This applies to all retreats until August 2021 and may be prolonged.
At the moment we are also asking participants who are vaccinated to get tested before the retreat.
Due to uncertainty about the accuracy of rapid (antigen) tests, we only accept PCR tests.
Email us the test results latest 2 pm the same day as the retreat starts.
In general we will be cautioning our retreat participants and personnel to keep social distance and wash their hands often.
We will avoid crowding, and keep a good hygiene with simple routines. All participants will get their own yoga mat.
We cannot guarantee that all participants will get their own private room, but we will do our best. If you want to make sure that you get your own single room and bathroom, select this when enrolling.
Our way of teaching works well in this situation: we give clear and easily understandable instructions, this makes it easy to avoid physical contact between teacher and student.
If you feel ill in the days prior to your journey, please stay at home.
See Conditions and payment for more info about our cancellation policy.
If anyone should feel ill during a retreat, they will immediately be asked to isolate themselves in their room. We will request medical assistance if necessary.
If a retreat gets cancelled before it starts, we will refund the whole course fee; or you can move the fee to another retreat later on in time. At the moment, however, many of our retreats are fully booked.
We would like to ask you to be extra careful with hygiene and distancing in the days leading up to the retreat, including on your journey here. We recommend that you come in your own car if possible.
If you come by train make sure to book tickets early. Due to social distancing there is limited space on the trains.
If you belong to a group particularly at risk from the virus, we advise against participating in the retreat.
When you arrive at the center
- Remember to keep 1-1.5 m distance to others.
- Sneeze and cough into the bend of your arm.
- Wash your hands frequently. There is a wash basin right outside the main entrance.
- We recommend spending as much time as possible outside during your free time.
- Close the toilet lid when flushing.
- We have clothes to borrow for karma yoga. If you borrow clothes from us, keep them in your room or in the hallway of the house where you live. Don’t hang them back where somebody else might take them.
- You will get your own yoga mat and blanket. The yoga mat will be labelled with your name.
- We will serve all the food in the dining hall, please don’t get the food yourself.
- A limited number of people will be seated at each table. We will keep silence at mealtime.
- If you feel ill, let us know immediately.
- We will not have neti pots to borrow. If you do not have your own pot, you can buy one at the center or in our web shop.
Feel free to contact us on email@example.com if you have any questions.
Welcome on a Håå retreat!
All the best from us at Håå Retreat Center