Info about Covid-19 and our retreats
Updated August 9 2021
We are updating this page continuously. We may sometimes have to make rapid changes to our policy as the situation develops in Sweden and globally.
Travellers from outside the EEA are currently denied entry, with some exemptions. At the moment of writing exempted countries include Australia, New Zealand, the US and several others. The full list of exempted countries can be found at the website of the Swedish police and is updated every two weeks.
You may need a negative covid test in order to enter Sweden. Travellers from Denmark, Finland, Iceland and Norway do not need a test, however you still need a test to join the retreat. Read more below.
We cannot make any exceptions to our cancellation policy if the travel restrictions should change.
We have been in contact with the Public Health Agency here in Sweden. They have confirmed that a yoga course is not considered a public gathering, which means we can run our retreats as planned. We are still limiting the number of participants so that we can maintain distance.
As an additional measure we are now asking all retreat participants to get tested for Covid-19 before the retreat (even if you are already in Sweden).
At the moment we are also asking participants who are vaccinated to get tested before the retreat.
Due to uncertainty about the accuracy of rapid (antigen) tests, we only accept PCR tests.
Email us the test results earliest 2 days before the retreat and latest 2 pm the same day as the retreat starts.
In general we will be cautioning our retreat participants and personnel to keep social distance and wash their hands often.
We will avoid crowding, and keep a good hygiene with simple routines. All participants will get their own yoga mat.
We cannot guarantee that all participants will get their own private room, but we will do our best. If you want to make sure that you get your own single room and bathroom, select this when enrolling.
Our way of teaching works well in this situation: we give clear and easily understandable instructions, this makes it easy to avoid physical contact between teacher and student.
If you feel ill in the days prior to your journey, please stay at home.
See Conditions and payment for more info about our cancellation policy.
If anyone should feel ill during a retreat, they will immediately be asked to isolate themselves in their room. We will request medical assistance if necessary.
If border restrictions prevent you from coming, we can offer to move your payment to another retreat later on.
If a retreat gets cancelled before it starts, we will refund the whole course fee; or you can move the fee to another retreat later on in time. At the moment, however, many of our retreats are fully booked, and a retreat being cancelled is very unlikely.
We would like to ask you to be extra careful with hygiene and distancing in the days leading up to the retreat, including on your journey here. We recommend that you come in your own car if possible.
If you come by train make sure to book tickets early. Due to social distancing there is limited space on the trains.
When you arrive at the center
- Remember to keep 1-1.5 m distance to others.
- Sneeze and cough into the bend of your arm.
- Wash your hands frequently. There is a wash basin right outside the main entrance.
- We recommend spending as much time as possible outside during your free time.
- Close the toilet lid when flushing.
- We have clothes to borrow for karma yoga. If you borrow clothes from us, keep them in your room or in the hallway of the house where you live. Don’t hang them back where somebody else might take them.
- You will get your own yoga mat and blanket. The yoga mat will be labelled with your name.
- A limited number of people will be seated at each table. We will keep silence at mealtime.
- If you feel ill, let us know immediately.
- We will not have neti pots to borrow. If you do not have your own pot, you can buy one at the center or in our web shop.
Feel free to contact us on email@example.com if you have any questions.
Welcome on a Håå retreat!
All the best from us at Håå Retreat Center