Info about Covid-19 and our retreats
Updated January 20 2021
If you have already enrolled, or if you are thinking about participating in a retreat with us at Håå Retreat Center:
We have been in contact with the Public Health Agency here in Sweden. They have confirmed that a yoga course is not considered a public gathering, which means we can run our retreats as planned. We are still limiting the number of participants so that we can maintain distance.
As an additional measure we are now asking all retreat participants to get tested for Covid-19 before the retreat. This applies to all retreats until June 2021 and may be prolonged.
Plan the test so that you receive the results earliest 2 days before the retreat and latest 2 pm the same day as the retreat starts.
You can choose yourself if you want to do a PCR-test or Rapid Antigen Test. If you get a rapid test, please do it the same day.
Email us the test result as soon as you get it.
If you have an antibody test made in the last 6 months, you can send this instead.
If you are vaccinated against covid-19 it is of course not necessary to get tested. Send us a confirmation of this instead.
Non EU/EEA citizens are currently not allowed to enter Sweden.
In general we will be cautioning our retreat participants and personnel to keep social distance and wash their hands often.
We will avoid crowding, and keep a good hygiene with simple routines.
All participants will get their own yoga mat. If possible we will also provide single rooms for everybody. If you want to ensure that you get your own room and bathroom, select this option when enrolling.
Our way of teaching works well in this situation: we give clear and easily understandable instructions, this makes it easy to avoid physical contact between teacher and student.
If you feel ill in the days prior to your journey, please stay at home. We can move your enrollment and payment (minus a 15% cancellation fee) to another retreat in 2020 or 2021.
If anyone should feel ill during a retreat, they will immediately be asked to isolate themselves in their room. We will request medical assistance if necessary.
If a retreat gets cancelled, we will refund the whole course fee; or you can move the fee to another retreat later on in time. At the moment, however, many of our retreats are fully booked.
We would like to ask you to be extra careful with hygiene and distancing in the days leading up to the retreat, including on your journey here. We recommend that you come in your own car if possible.
If you come by train make sure to book tickets early. Due to social distancing there is limited space on the trains.
If you belong to a group particularly at risk from the virus, we advise against participating on the retreat.
When you arrive at the center
- Remember to keep 1.5 m distance to others.
- Sneeze and cough into the bend of your arm.
- Wash your hands frequently. (Before entering the main building, after using the bathroom, before and after meals, before and after touching your face, after blowing your nose, brushing your teeth etc)
- We recommend spending as much time as possible outside during your free time.
- Close the toilet lid when flushing.
- We have clothes to borrow for karma yoga. If you borrow clothes from us, keep them in your room or in the hallway of the house where you live. Don’t hang them back where somebody else might take them.
- You will get your own yoga mat and blanket. The yoga mat will be labelled with your name.
- We will serve all the food in the dining hall, please don’t get the food yourself.
- Only two people will be seated at each table.
- If you feel ill, let us know immediately.
Feel free to contact us on email@example.com if you have any questions.
Welcome on a Håå retreat!
All the best
from us at Håå Retreat Center