Conditions and payment
Håå Retreat Center
- Please tell your friends and family that they cannot contact or visit you during the retreat, nor will you be contacting them.
- Leave your mobile phone, music player, computer, eReader, iPad and other electronic equipment at home, or deposit such items in our office upon arrival.
- Please observe the silence as stated in our retreat information.
- You are required to attend all classes at the scheduled times and follow the instructions of the teachers.
- Only eat the food served by the school and only in the dining hall. Do not bring food or beverages from home.
- As a retreat participant you are making a commitment to not in any way pass on or teach yoga and meditation on the basis of what is taught on the retreat. To become competent in this requires a full yoga teacher education at the Scandinavian Yoga and Meditation School.
- Do not use your car during the retreat.
- We regard leaving the surroundings equal to leaving the course.
- Do not smoke on the school’s premises, neither indoors nor outdoors. If you must smoke, then take a walk alone and do not influence others who might want to stop smoking, neither by smell nor by sight. During the Kriya Yoga retreat, the 3-Month Sadhana Retreat and the Prana Vidya Retreat smoking is not allowed at all.
- Do not use skin or hair products containing perfume. The smell can be distracting, especially in the yoga hall, and affect allergy sufferers. We sell affordable alternatives if you need them.
- Do not use any practices or exercises (such as yoga, meditation, strength training, jogging, therapy, astrology, etc.) other than those taught here during your stay. Do not instruct the other participants on the retreat in yoga or other practices.
- Please do not bring a lot of books or magazines along. Then we, as your teachers, can ensure that you get the intended effect – and it will be easier for you to acquire what you came for.
- Do not persuade others to come with you on the course, not even your partner, unless they themselves are completely motivated to participate. Come for your own sake. No matter what your reasons are, do not come out of curiosity, just to see what happens here. Come because you want to discover and work with yourself.
- We reserve the right to dismiss, at any time during the retreat, any student who fails to adhere to these conditions or disturbs the retreat process in any other way. We do not provide refunds after the start of the retreat for any reason whatsoever.
Food allergy and intolerance
If you have any kind of allergy/intolerance, please let us know in your enrolment.
We will do our best to accommodate your needs, however we cannot guarantee that the food or environment at the center is completely free of allergens.
This applies especially to gluten, as we bake bread in the kitchen, and animal dander as we have cats and sometimes dogs at the center.
Other practical info
- Yoga mats are available in our yoga room. You do not need to bring your own yoga mat or meditation cushion.
- For the yoga practice bring loose and comfortable non-synthetic clothing.
- We have some rubber boots and raincoats to borrow if needed. However feel free to bring your own to ensure you have some that fit perfectly.
- If you are used to drinking coffee or black tea, and want to avoid a caffeine headache in the beginning of the course, then we strongly recommend gradually reducing your intake of caffeine, so you can leave it altogether 4-5 days before the course starts.
Special terms and prices apply for the Three Month Retreat, see further down on the page.
We strongly recommend to make sure that you have travel insurance. Travel insurance can protect you financially and offer peace of mind.
After you have submitted the enrolment form you will be redirected to a secure payment page for credit/debit card payment.
The payment will initially show up as a reserved amount in your account.
We will review your enrolment manually before charging your account.
Your will know that your space on the retreat is reserved when a receipt is sent to your email address.
If we for some reason cannot accept your enrolment, we will cancel the payment. No money will be taken from your account.
We offer discounted rates for those who are:
- Unemployed - 20 % discount
- Student - 20 % discount
- Retired - 20 % discount
- 25 years of age or below - 50/20% discount
* For those who are 25 or younger, 50% discount applies to all retreats except the Three-Month Sadhana Retreat. There the discount is 20%.
We will ask you to send some type of documentation which proves that you qualify for the reduced price.
This may be, for example:
- A certificate from your doctor, insurance company or employment agency.
- A scanned copy of your student card or ID card
To get the reduced price for unemployed on the 3-month retreat, it is required that you have been unemployed for at least a month at the time of enrolment.
During the retreat you will need:
- A plastic neti pot
- A rosary (mala) for meditation, with 108 beads (only for 10-day retreats or longer)
If you do not have this, you can buy it here at the center or in our web shop.
You can bring your own sheets and towel, or rent this for 30 €. Duvet and pillow are available in all rooms.
Food and accommodation is included in the price.
We have single rooms and double rooms. Some rooms have their own bathroom, others share a bathroom.
If you want to make sure that you get a single room with a private bathroom, you can order this for 25 € per night.
If you are coming together with somebody and want to make sure that you are in the same room, you can order a double room for 14 € per night and person.
If you are coming by train/bus to Älmhult or Ljungby, we can pick you up at the station for 200 SEK (approx 20 €).
Other extra costs
Laundry: 25 SEK (2.5 €), 50 SEK with tumble dry (5 €)
We accept cancellations through email only.
The terms below apply for all retreats except the Three Month Retreat:
- For cancellations made earlier than 30 days before the start of the retreat, we can refund 75% of the retreat price.
- For cancellations made between 30 and 14 days before start of the retreat, we can refund 50% of the retreat price.
- We cannot provide any refund for cancellations made later than 14 days before the start of the retreat.
The same terms apply for rebooking as for cancellation.
If you have to cancel a retreat before it starts due to you or a close relative becoming seriously ill, we can refund 75% of the retreat price. This is valid regardless of when you cancel and requires that you can provide a doctor's certificate.
The retreat price cannot be refunded after the start of the retreat, neither in part nor in full, regardless of when and why you choose to leave a retreat.
We reserve the right to dismiss students who do not follow the retreat conditions above, without reimbursement.
We reserve the right to cancel or change the dates for a retreat. If a retreat is cancelled or moved to a date that does not suit you, we can refund you the full retreat fee.
Payment terms for the Three Month Retreat
The following prices apply for the Three Month Retreat:
Bedding: 90 €
Single room: 15 € per night
Double room: 8.5 € per night and person
We offer part payment plans for the Three Month Retreat. Contact us for more details.
Cancellation policy for the Three Month Retreat
- For cancellations made earlier than 90 days before the start of the retreat, we can refund 75% of the retreat price.
- For cancellations made between 90 and 30 days before start of the retreat, we can refund 50% of the retreat price.
- We cannot provide any refund for cancellations later than 30 days before the start of the retreat.
Apart from this all the same terms apply for the Three Month Retreat as for our other retreats.