It is important, both for you and for us, that you read all the information on our yoga retreats before you enrol, in order to understand how we work and the attitude behind our teachings.
Conditions of participation:
- You are required to attend all classes at the scheduled times and follow the instructions of the teachers.
- Do not use your car at any time.
- We regard leaving the surroundings equal to leaving the course.
- Please observe the silence as stated in our retreat information.
- Only eat the food served by the school and only in the dining hall.
- Do not smoke on the school’s premises, neither indoors nor outdoors. If you must smoke, then take a walk alone and do not influence others who might want to stop smoking, neither by smell nor by sight.
- During the Kriya Yoga retreat, the 3-Month Sadhana Retreat and the Prana Vidya Retreat smoking is not allowed at all.
- Do not use products containing perfume on the skin or for the hair. The smell can be distracting, especially in the yoga hall, and affect allergy sufferers. We sell affordable alternatives if you need them.
- To enhance your retreat experience, please tell relatives and friends that you do not want to receive any correspondence, that it is not possible to phone or visit you during the course ‑ nor will you contact them except in case of an emergency.
- Don’t use any techniques (meditations, therapies, massage, astrology, tarot etc.) while you are here other than what you learn on the course – neither alone, nor together with others. And for the sake of your knees, do not jog during the retreat.
- Leave your mobile phone, music player, computer, eReader, iPad and other electronic equipment at home, or deposit such items in our office upon arrival.
- Please do not bring a lot of books or magazines along. Then we, as your teachers, can ensure that you get the intended effect – and it will be easier for you to acquire what you came for.
- Do not persuade others to come with you on the course, not even your partner, unless they themselves are completely motivated to participate. Come for your own sake. No matter what your reasons are, do not come out of curiosity, just to see what happens here. Come because you want to discover and work with yourself.
- The school reserves the right to dismiss a student without reimbursement. This should be seen in the context of the conditions detailed here. If the school needs to dismiss/cancel the enrolment of a student before the course starts, for any given reason, then the school will reimburse in case the student has paid the course fee.
On courses marked with two prices, the latter is a rebate price.
The rebate price is available for you who are:
If you have been on sick leave for a longer period of time (i.e. 2 months or more), you can also get this rebate.
Please note: In order to get the unemployment rebate on the Three Month Sadhana Course, it is required that you have been so for at least 2-3 months prior to the start of the course.
- Student, full-time to at least half-time.
- 25 years of age or below
We ask you to send us some type of documentation which proves that you qualify for the rebate.
This may be, for example:
A certificate from your doctor, insurance company or employment agency.
A scanned copy of your student card or ID card
When we have received your enrolment form for the retreat you will be mailed a confirmation and further information.
Reserve a place in good time. Courses often fill quickly.
In the event of a course being fully booked, we can:
A. place you on a waiting list;
B. place you on another course here in Haa; or
C. refund your deposit, in case you have paid.
Note: If it is less than a month until the start of the course (3 months before the Three month Sadhana Course) then please be sure to wait with the payment until you receive a confirmation email / letter from us.
Your enrolment is only valid when:
1) We have received your fully completed enrolment form – And
2) Your deposit has been registered on Haa Retreat Center’s bank account. (This also applies if you want to remain on the waiting list of a fully booked course.)
When you have received our confirmation with payment instructions then please pay to our account:
With SEPA Euro-transfer
Name and address of bank:
Swedbank, SE-105 34 Stockholm
IBAN: (International Bank Account Number)
Scandinavian Yoga and Meditation School
Should you decide to cancel your course booking after we have received your payment and confirmed your place on the course, your deposit will not be refunded.
Please pay the balance of your fees no later than two weeks before the start of the course. In case you enroll later than two weeks before the retreat starts then pay the whole fee in one go.
If you enrol at the very last minute, please pay your fees with Visa or MasterCard on arrival or in cash (Swedish Crowns).
For the 3-month course there are certain payment conditions.
The fee includes accomodation and meals. Extra costs are a plastic neti pot and a string of 108 beads (a mala) for meditation. If you have these already bring them with you. Otherwise you can buy them at Haa.
Should you leave the course at any stage, no fees are refundable, regardless of your reasons for departure.
These conditions are to ensure that you will be on the course with people who have also made a commitment to participate fully and absorb what we teach. At the same time, it ensures that we can continue to keep our prices as low as possible.